7 hrs 45 mins
7 hrs 30 mins
Both my husband and I LOVE this minestrone soup. It's the only one I'll make! It's a very healthy soup with a wonderful tasting broth. You can leave out the ham if you wish (to make it meatless). It freezes well! I love that I can start this early in the day and forget about it. It's perfect served with some nice crusty bread. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup cubed deli ham (I use cubed ham steak)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1In a 5-quart slow cooker/crock pot, combine the first 9 ingredients; cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- 2Reduce heat to low; cook for 6 hours or until vegetables are almost tender.
- 3During the last 30 minutes of cooking, stir in the macaroni.
- 4Cover and cook until macaroni is tender.
- 5Stir in the tomatoes and spinach; heat through.
- 6Serve and enjoy! :).
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minestrone Soup (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.9
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.1 mg
- Sodium 777.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 8.6 g