Recipe by m f
I was looking for a recipe for minestrone soup and I found one in a cookbook, but I didn't have all the ingredients, so I added some different stuff and it turned out great!!
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lb stew meat, cut in bite size pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 1⁄2 beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, leave whole
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large pot.
- Cook stew meat, onion and potato until meat is brown on all sides.
- Stir in garlic, celery salt,beef bouillon, salt, rosemary, basil, parsley, bay leaves, and dry tomatoes.
- Stir in water, corn, peas, beans, tomatoe paste and noodles.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer.
- Cook about 15 minutes, or until noodles are done.
- If to thick, add more water.