Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
Perfect recipe for a cold day. Makes great leftovers.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 5 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, rinsed or 1 cup shell pasta
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- Heat oil in large stock pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery, sauté five minutes.
- Add zucchini, green beans, carrots, and garlic, sauté three minutes more.
- Stir in beans, tomato puree, diced tomatoes, broth, water, and spices.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add spinach and quinoa, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in wine and cook ten minutes more.