Recipe by Absarunnin
Quick and tasty and full of vegetables!
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
This was excellent. The only change that I made was to omit the broccoli and the salt, because I couldn't find good broccoli and the broth I used wasn't low sodium. This is a very fresh tasting healthy soup. Just looking over the Nutrition facts at the potassium level sold me to make this one. I wish I had gotten a photo of this great soup because the color in it is just wonderful. As with any good soup, it was even better the next day. The kale had gotten a chance to mellow it's flavor a bit and everything really came together more. I will be making this one often! Made and Reviewed for Spring PAC 2009. Thanks! :)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups kale, washed and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green beans
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup whole wheat macaroni
- 5 1⁄4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a 5- to 6-quart heavy pot over moderately high heat until hot, then cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 3 minutes. Add kale and saute, stirring, 1 minute. Add vegetables, tomatoes with juice, pasta, broth, water, slat, and pepper and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and pasta is al dente.
- Meanwhile, transfer half of beans to a wide shallow bowl and coarsely mash with a potato masher, then stir mashed and whole beans into soup and simmer, stirring occasionally, until soup is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Top with parmesan.