Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Italian Soup, a HUGE pot of soup that can feed an army!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans white beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans red beans, rinsed
- 6 (16 ounce) cans low sodium beef broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can low sodium green beans
- 1 medium onion
- 2 large carrots
- 2 large celery, pieces
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- grated parmesan cheese
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces favorite pasta (Barilla plus, my favorite)
- 2 large bok choy, leaves with stalk chopped
- Rough chop all fresh veggies, and garlic and saute in bottom of large pot in olive oil for about 5 min just for some color.
- Add all other ingreidients except: Pasta, 1/2 can of white beans, and 1/2 can of red beans, and grated cheese.
- Mash the reserved beans and add to pot (this thickens soup slightly.
- Let soup simmer for 15-20 minute.
- Cook pasta according to directions in seperate pot and add right before serving.
- Serve with sprinkle of grated cheese.
- This soup is VERY hearty and satisfying! Very good for you too. Buy low sodium in all the canned goods. The bullion, and the grated cheese just salts this HUGE pot of soup enough! Enjoy.