Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A heart warming meatless soup (although meat can be added if desired)My great grandmother made this soup and we love it.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 margarine
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4 ounces uncooked vermicelli or 4 ounces spaghetti
- 28 ounces tomatoes, undrained
- 16 ounces kidney beans, undrained
- 10 ounces butter beans
- 21 ounces beef broth (2 101/2 ounce cans)
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- grated parmesan cheese
- .saute onion,zucchini and celery in buter.
- until crispy tender.Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese,Bring to a boil.
- then lower heat and simmer for 15-20 minute.
- or until vermicelli or spaghetti is tender.
- ENJOY !1.