Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Our Kitchen To Yours
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shin beef, with bone
- 1 cup dried navy beans, soaked overnight
- 5 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced celery
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 medium potato
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground sliced zucchini
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups broken spaghetti
- grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- Put shin beef, beans and water, salt and pepper in large kettle.
- Cover and simmer 3 hours.
- Remove meat from bones, add to soup.
- Add onion, garlic, carrots, celery, cabbage, potato and parsley.
- Brown ground beef and add to soup.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add zucchini, green beans and spaghetti.
- Simmer until spaghetti is cooked, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Top with cheese and basil.