This is an easy soup, perfect for weeknights when you don't have a lot of time. It like it because it uses items I normally keep on hand and tastes great. This recipe can be easily doubled (I have even quadrupled it) for a larger crowd.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup small elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- parmesan cheese or mozzarella cheese, for garnish
- Brown meat in skillet; drain well.
- In a medium pot, combine all ingredients except noodles and cheese.
- Bring to a boil and add noodles. Lower heat to simmer.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes or until noodles are cooked. Stir occasionally and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
- I serve this with crusty bread.
- You can add additional seasonings if desired to your personal preference.