Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love minestrone...especially Olive Garden's version. This is my homemade version of their delicious soup!
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canflat Italian cut green beans (frozen is good too)
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups beef broth or 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup pasta (I prefer fiori or shells)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large Dutch oven, saute the onion, garlic, pepper, zucchini, and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until onions are clear.
- Add the cans of beans, tomatoes, broth and seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add frozen spinach and pasta.
- Bring back to a low boil and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up the spinach. Serve with a sprinkling of shredded parmesan or romano cheese and crusty bread.