Recipe by Breeze144
I love making this soup because it is relatively easy, it makes lots and it is delicious for lunch or dinner. I got the recipe from my mom, no idea where she got it!
- 3 hot Italian sausages
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (540 ml) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 cup shell macaroni
- 1 (700 ml) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (700 ml) can chickpeas, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in large pot until no pink is visible.
- add chicken broth and tomatoes.
- stir in thyme and basil (and any spices you prefer).
- bring to a boil, then add macaroni, kidney beans and chick peas.
- simmer until macaroni is tender to taste.
- serve with grated parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.