Recipe by Mirj
This salad is good enough for a complete meal. Great for Tupperwaring it to the office.
Top Review by Julie F
This is a great variation on pasta salad. I made it to send in my teenage daughter's lunch and she loved it too. I used dried parsley, rather than fresh, and when it chilled, it worked fine. I may also try it with dill. Though I'm not sure it would fit the "minestrone" title, it seems like it would be good with that as well I did cut back on the oil, using only abuot 1/4 c.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 (16 ounce) can navy beans, drained
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- romaine lettuce
- tomatoes, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Rinse with cold water and drain.
- Combine macaroni, navy beans, carrots, celery, and parsley; mix well.
- Combine next 5 ingredients; mix well.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over macaroni mixture, stirring well.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Line a salad bowl with romaine.
- Spoon macaroni salad into bowl; arrange tomato slices around edge of salad.