Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Like Minestrone soup, but in a pasta form. Can be multiplied to serve large groups. Does not need to be hot so can be made up ahead of time for large parties.
- 3 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 2⁄3 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on passage.
- Toss pasta and remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm or cold.
I REALLY like this. I used quinoa pasta (gluten-intolerant) and 1/2 orange and 1/2 green bell peppers. I like that this dish is low fat, has protein from the beans, has a good amount of fiber, and is so easy to put together. I did add a bit of chopped onion to it as well. Great flavors, a lot going on, and I think the flavors will just get better as the ingredients meld together. I used Newman's Own Light Italian Dressing. This is great for diabetics too. Thanks for posting this sweet recipe ~ made for Spring PAC 2010!