Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple and delicious soup from Pillsbury Heart Healthy Recipes. I sometimes like to add beans or leftovers to this too.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, canned, undrained
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup potato, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup rotini pasta, uncooked
- 36 meatballs, frozen, cooked
- parmesan cheese
- Spray dutch oven with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onions, celery, and garlic; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except rotini and meatballs.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover; simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in rotini and meatballs.
- Simmer uncovered an additional 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables and rotini are tender.
- If desired, serve with Parmesan cheese.
Very good soup...I did add a few more vegetables and used beef broth instead of chicken...
This is a very good soup. It came together in no time. I loved the variety of vegetables and the seasonings were perfect. Thanks for sharing!
Very tasty soup. Easy to make. The basil and thyme were just right for us. I've had other minestrone soups but was the first time I had made one with potatoes we really enjoyed it. I did add a handful of green beans to the soup. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe, one I look forward to making again. Made for "Belly warmers" cooking event in the photo forum.