Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 1⁄2 cup dry pasta
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup minced celery
- 1 cup cubed carrot
- 1 cup cubed eggplants or 1 cup zucchini
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 3 1⁄2 cups water or 3 1⁄2 cups beef stock
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine
- In a soup kettle, saute garlic and onions in olive oil until they are soft and translucent.
- Add 1 tsp salt, carrot, celery and eggplant/ zucchini.
- If you use zucchini, add it with the green pepper.
- Mix well.
- Add oregano, black pepper, stock, puree, cooked beans and wine.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and remaining salt.
- Keep at the lowest heat until 10 minutes before you plan to serve.
- Then, heat the soup to a boil, add the pasta, and boil gently until the pasta is tender.
- Serve immediately, topped with parsley and parmesan.