Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe came to me via the International cookbook for kids. I use my rich meat stock recipe in it
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 medium sized potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 4 small carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 head cabbage, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned cannellini beans
- 1 cup canned chopped italian tomato
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups meat or 6 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup ditalini
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- in a large pan heat butter and olive oil.
- brown bacon, garlic and onions.
- add everything but cheese and pasta in a large pot.
- bring to a boil.
- reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
- add pasta and cook ten minutes.
- sprinkle cheese over top when serving.