This recipe came to me via the International cookbook for kids. I use my rich meat stock recipe in it
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 medium sized potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 4 small carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 head cabbage, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups canned cannellini beans
- 1 cup canned chopped italian tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups meat or 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup ditalini
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1in a large pan heat butter and olive oil.
- 2brown bacon, garlic and onions.
- 3add everything but cheese and pasta in a large pot.
- 4bring to a boil.
- 5reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
- 6add pasta and cook ten minutes.
- 7sprinkle cheese over top when serving.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minestrone
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.1
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 14.4 mg
- Sodium 468.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: