Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Packed with flavor, all you need to add is salt and pepper to taste. And maybe a nice loaf of crusty bread!
- 1 lb boneless beef roast, cut into small cubes
- 2 quarts water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup small shell pasta
- In soup pot, put beef, and the next 9 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add tomatoes and sauce, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add green beans, kidney beans and pasta.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook, stirring often until pasta is tender (about 8 minutes).
Easy recipe and my entire family loved it!!! I made it in a crockpot. Loads of flavor.
Our family LOVES this recipe. We've tried a couple of adaptations, but can't get any better than just following the recipe! The only thing we don't do is use the green beans. LOVE IT!
My husband & I loved this. The canned soups have too much salt for my taste so this was perfect. Added bread for a great winter meal. Will make again even though we live in the south!