Recipe by cassieehilsinger
A Hearty Classic soup that everyone will enjoy To make ahead: Cover and store cooked soup for up to 1 week in refrigerator or up to 1 month in freezer. To reheat, cook chilled or frozen soup over medium heat till bubbly, stirring occasionally. Cook 3 to 5 minutes more, adding a little water, if necessary.
- 3 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 stalk celery & leaves, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup tiny shell macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan combine all ingredients except zucchini and macaroni. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
- Stir in zucchini and macaroni. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Makes 4 main dish servings.
- Nutrition facts per serving: 140 calories, 1 g total fat (0 g sat. fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 650 mg sodium, 29 g carbs, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein.