Recipe by ACP
I really like Olive Garden's minestrone so I searched for their recipe online. I didn't have many of the ingredients in my pantry and I didn't feel like going shopping so I just used what I had on hand. It's not really like their soup at all, but I still think it's one of the best I've made. (10 servings is a guess; I froze half and didn't pay attention to how much I ate.)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can DelMonte stewed tomatoes, undrained, chopped (Original Recipe ( with onions, celery and green pepper)
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 carrot, minced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 15 ounces cannellini beans, drained but not rinsed
- 2 cups macaroni noodles, prepared
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, chopped and boiled
- parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients except last four to crockpot; cover.
- Cook on high for about an hour (or more if necessary; I cooked mine for almost 3 hours just to make sure the dried herbs softened up enough).
- Add beans, noodles and potatoes and cook for 15-30 minutes (just enough to heat through).
- Serve with Parmesan sprinkled on top.