Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Enjoy with a slice of multigrain baguette and a spinach salad. Experiment with different shapes and flavors of tortellini to up the fun factor and lend an air of surprise to every bite.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 cups spinach and cheese tortellini
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add carrots and onion; stir, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and just beginning to brown, 6 to 7 minutes. Stir in garlic and rosemary and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and zucchini; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add tortellini and tomatoes and simmer until the tortellini are plump and the tomatoes are beginning to break down, 6 to 10 minutes. Stir vinegar into the hot soup just before serving.