Recipe by keen5
My sister-in-law Mindy invited me over for lunch one day and served this. It was delicious. She passed away from breast cancer last year, so when I make this I always think of our wonderful day together and her teaching me to make a good pie crust.
Top Review by Michelle S.
Yummy, creamy, rich, and easy. A great side dish. I LOVE the flavor the pimento gives to the sauce. I unfortunately found out someone ate my cheese crackers so I subbed butter crackers. I can only imagine how much more tasty it would be to have the cheese crackers...mmmm. I will most certainly be preparing this for guests I would like to impress. Thank you for sharing this, we thoroughly enjoyed it!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh broccoli
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup shredded sharp American cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup crushed cheese crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up broccoli to make about 6 cups.
- Cook in covered saucepan in a small amount of boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Pour into a 1-1/2 quart casserole.
- Mix soup, mayo, cheese, pimiento, and lemon juice together.
- Pour over broccoli and top with crushed crackers.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 35 minutes.