Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe comes from one of the girls that I work with, Mindy Czyzewski. She brought them in one day for an office party and everyone was totally raving about them. I had to call her and ask her for the recipe. Thanks Mindy! :-) Please note that I am not exactly sure of the sizes of the products needed. She said "one block of cream cheese, 1 bag of regular Oreo Cookies and 4 Giant Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars." I will update the sizes once I go to the store for the ingredients. These are a must during PMS! Ha, ha! Servings are also estimated for now.
Top Review by Bitter Moon
Oh my! This is a chocolate lovers dream come true. They taste & look just like truffles. I used semi sweet chocolate chips instead of candy bars. Thought the bars might be too sweet for my taste. The chips turned out nice, but the chocolate was thicker, so they were harder to roll, but the end result was perfect. I also rolled these into very small balls because they are very rich and a little goes a long way. Also, after making the mixture, it was too soft to roll into balls, so I put it in the fridge and cooled for an hour. Most importantly, make sure you buy extra cookies. They are hard to leave alone while making this recipe :)
- 1 (18 ounce) bag Oreo cookies (the regular ones, not the Double Stuff)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 (4 1/2 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars, Hershey's are recommended
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a food processor, crush the Oreos into a fine crumb.
- Mix the crumbs with the cream cheese. Mindy says to mix this by hand.
- Melt the chocolate bars (if using a microwave, be careful that it doesn't burn).
- Roll the crumb mixture into balls and submerse them into the melted chocolate.
- Set the balls on waxed paper and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Please note: once you remove them from the refrigerator, they don't last long! Everyone will gobble them up!