Recipe by Deja A
I brought along this sweet-and-savory Chicken Salad on a camping trip and my brother-in-law whined that he hated chicken salad. Needless to say, he gobbled up the sandwiches without complaint! It makes for a beautiful luncheon or shower dish, particularly served with petite rolls or over lettuce leaves and topped with ripe avocado. By the way....Mindy's my hairdresser; her husband loves to make this salad.
Top Review by kittycatmom
Very good chicken salad! I really enjoyed the blend of flavors. I used a grilled chicken breast, and sized down to 1 serving, however doubled the quantity of grapes. I think next time I will add a little black pepper, and a chopped pecans. Otherwise terrific recipe! Thank you for sharing Deja A! Made for 2009 Spring PAC
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, bacon, water chestnuts, celery and grapes in a large bowl.
- In small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients together.
- Combine with chicken mixture, using as much or as little mayonnaise needed to moisten to your taste.
- If you like a creamier salad, add a little more mayonnaise.
- Chill well and stir before serving.