Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I long ago forgot the actual name of this recipe which I have enjoyed for years. The four children I was a nanny for always called it Mindy's Cookies and requested them often.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sugars and cream together with the butter and peanut butter using a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the vanilla and the eggs.
- Add the flour into this mixture in 3 parts stirring well in between each addition.
- Stir in the oats, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips until well blended.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon two inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.