Recipe by Mindi Bunch
I came up with this one this afternoon. I had planned on making a recipe I found here on Zaar, but I was missing a few ingredients and the gravy didn't taste quite like I'd expected it to, so I changed a few things and this was the end result.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, cut into serving size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup, undiluted
Directions See How It's Made
- Over med-high heat, melt butter.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, salt, mustard, creole seasoning, cumin, and pepper.
- Dredge meat in flour mixture.
- Brown dredged meat on both sides in butter.
- Transfer meat into crock pot.
- In skillet, combine excess flour mixture, wine, and soup with drippings.
- Pour over meat.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours.