Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
i got this recipe from a woman named Lori who made these for a potluck...she gave it to me from memory and it's written on a cocktail napkin! Everything's pretty approximate, and apparently there is a lot of room to play with flavorings and things like nuts or candies. i haven't made these yet, but i'm about to move and I wanted to make sure it doesn't get lost. That said, prep time and servings are a total shot in the dark...if you make them, let me know how long and how many.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract (a splash, according to Lori)
- ground cinnamon or instant espresso or Kahlua
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups cocoa
- 2 cups flour
- Cream together the sugar and butter.
- Beat in all the other ingredients (seriously, this is all she said!).
- Place in a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 30 minutes or so.
- You can frost them if you like (lori mixed butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, kahlua and cinnamon, but didn't tell me the amounts -- again she just said to beat 'em all together!).
My apologies for the low rating but I think it's better to be honest. It would have been a 2 but my kids liked these brownies. I think they're more like a cake than a brownie. The recipe just isn't quite right - they are greasy - too much butter. The cocoa doesn't cut it - they're not very chocolatey. I added vanilla, cinnamon & instant espresso thinking of Kolibri's Easy Spiced Mexican Hot Chocolate recipe but it doesn't work here. I sincerely hope someone else tries this recipe & either has better luck with it (I could have flubbed something) or just likes the results better than we did. Happy cooking!