Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
For those who like mincemeat, here's one you can serve over vanilla ice cream. It comes from the 1967 'so good with FRUIT' cookbook from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup tart apple, peeled, diced
- 1 cup mincemeat
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan.
- Bring to boil, then turn heat down & simmer gently, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
What a cool idea for using mincemeat! This is really good. My cherries were soaked in vodka so I got a little extra zip. I topped vanilla ice cream with this and loved every bite. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 6.
Wow! My DH loves mincemeat and this one was a big hit for dessert tonight. One slice of fruit cake, topped with scoop of french vanilla ice cream, and some of this tasty mincemeat sauce on top! Wouldn't change one thing. Perfect exactly as written and it is so easy to make too.