Sydney Mike's Note:
This is an interesting recipe I picked up about 10 years ago -- Although the source is totally forgotten, the taste of the sundae hasn't been! Preparation time INCLUDES NEITHER the time needed for the crust to freeze [about 30 minutes], the time for the ice cream to soften [about 15 minutes], the time for the sauce to cool [about 3 minutes], NOR the 12 hours for the pie to freeze overnight!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE CRUST
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
FOR THE FILLING
- 6 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup mincemeat (made without suet)
FOR THE CARAMEL SAUCE
- 1FOR THE CRUST: Combine wafer crumbs, pecans, butter, sugar & cinnamon.
- 2Press into bottom & 1 1/2" up side of 10" greased springform pan.
- 3Freeze for 30 minutes.
- 4FOR THE FILLING: Place ice cream in bowl, & let stand at room temperature for 10-15 minutes to soften.
- 5Stir in mincemeat until evenly distributed.
- 6Carefully pack into crumb crust.
- 7Cover & freeze overnight or for up to 4 weeks.
- 8FOR THE CARAMEL SAUCE: In saucepan, bring sugar & cream to boil.
- 9Stirring occasionally, cook for 3-4 minutes or until thickened enough to coat spoon. DO NOT OVER COOK.
- 10Stir in vanilla, & let cool 3 minutes. [Sauce can be cooked completely & stored in airtight container for up to 4 weeks. Reheat over medium heat before serving.].
- 11To serve, drizzle caramel sauce over pieces of pie.
- 12To make it even more festive, chop a maraschino cherry for each slice of pie, & sprinkle over the caramel sauce.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mincemeat Sundae Pie
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.0
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 55.4 mg
- Sodium 147.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 39.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g