Recipe by Sydney Mike
For those who like their mincemeat in something other than a dessert, here's an alternative dish! Preparation time does not include the 8 hours it takes to marinade the chops.
Top Review by puppitypup
LOVED IT! The marinade is an unusual combination of flavors that's really good, and the mincemeat filling is wonderful. I used 3/4" thick boneless porkchops and very carefully cut the pocket. After closing with toothpicks, they barbequed up perfectly. Thanks Mike!
- 4 pork loin chops, cut 1 1/2-inch thick
- 1 (6 ounce) can orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup mincemeat
- 1⁄2 cup apple, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut lengthwise slit in side of each chop, being careful not to cut through the top, bottom or sides.
- Arrange chops in shallow baking dish.
- In saucepan, combine orange juice concentrate, water, vinegar, vegetable oil, bay leaves, allspice & onion powder. Over high heat, bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat & simmer 1 minute, then pour over chops.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning once.
- Combine mincemeat, apples & onion.
- Remove chops from marinade, reserving the marinade.
- Heat gass grill.
- Press 1/4 cup mincemeat mixture into each pork chop & secure edges with wooden picks.
- Cook chops on low setting with cover down for 45 minutes, or until done, turning once.
- Baste occasionally with reserved marinade.