Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
You'll enjoy this even if you're not a mincemeat fan. I'm always looking for mincemeat recipes because my husband is a VERY big fan, I'm not, but I liked this one---it's not overpowering. I got this from a local paper and they say it's from a book called The Best Holidays Ever. I've never tried the jiffy custard sauce that accompanies it but I've included the recipe under that name.
- Lightly grease 9 inch, deep dish pie plate or fluted quiche pan.
- Layer half the bread cubes over the bottom.
- Pour mincemeat evenly over the bread.
- Top with the remaining bread cubes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour over the bread and mincemeat mixture.
- Let stand 10 minutes, press gently with back of a spoon to moisten the top layer.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar.
- Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle this over the pudding mixture.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350F oven for 40 minutes or until knife inserted in the centre comes out clean and topping is golden.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving with Jiffy Custard Sauce.
Great bread pudding!
What A WONDERFUL WAY TO INCLUDE MINCEMEAT ~ Loved this bread pudding! Easy-to-make & nice taste! Definitely a great way to introduce someone to mincemeat! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Bread Pudding theme in My-3-Chefs]