Recipe by bayou-mimi
This screams Holidays to me.. I realize mincemeat is an aquired taste, but if you're like me and enjoy it during the cooler weather, this might just be the recipe for you.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Excellent cake. Not too sweet. The addition of the eggnog topping is inspired. The cake can stand alone, but if you like eggnog, go for the topping! To crumble the mincemeat, I broke it up and put it in the food processor with a little of the cake mix. Worked very well, with an even distribution of the mincemeat. Thnx for posting this great holiday cake. Made for Fall 2008 My-3-Chefs.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package spice cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (9 ounce) packagecondensed mincemeat, finely crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup premium eggnog
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) envelope whipped dessert topping mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs; mix well.
- Beat on high speed 2 minutes.
- Stir in mincemeat.
- Pour into well-greased and floured 10-inch fluted or tube pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely.
- In small mixer bowl, combine EggNog and whipped topping mix; mix well.
- Beat on high speed 4 minutes or until mixture forms soft peaks.
- Serve topping over cake slices.
- Refrigerate leftover topping.