1/1 Photo of Mincemeat Pie (Diabetic)
Store-bought mincemeat is loaded with sugar. If you are a mincemeat lover, you will be amazed at the taste of this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare but do not bake pie shell.
- 2Place stew meat in covered saucepan and cover with water.
- 3Place on medium heat and cook about 1 hour or til very tender.
- 4Drain thoroughly.
- 5Core apples and slice.
- 6Cut orange and lemon (including rind) into small pieces.
- 7Combine beef, suet, orange and lemon pieces in food processor, chopping into coarse meal consistency.
- 8Pour back into saucepan.
- 9Add remaining ingredients.
- 10Cover and simmer on low for one hour.
- 11Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- 12Bake 400°F 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mincemeat Pie (Diabetic)
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.3
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 39.1 mg
- Sodium 283.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 10.3 g