Recipe by Sydney Mike
When it comes to mincemeat, my collection is almost endless, & the same goes for pies! For this pie, sometimes instead of chopping the pears, I slice them lengthwise.
- 1 (27 ounce) jar mincemeat
- 1 (15 ounce) can pears, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare pastry for a 2-crust, 9 1/2" deep dish pie.
- In large bowl, combine mince, pears, nuts, zest & ginger, then spoon into prepared pie shell.
- Top with 2nd crust, then flute & cut several slits in top.
- Sprinkle with sugar & bake 35-45 minutes, until golden brown.
- If necessary, cover edges with foil to keep from over-browning or burning.