Recipe by Sydney Mike
For mince lovers, here's an easy-to-make dessert that will warm your heart -- at least it warms mine!
- 1 (9 inch) pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 (28 ounce) jar mincemeat
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 (21 ounce) cans peach pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rack in the lowest position & preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll out [or unroll!] 1 pastry round & line a shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- Combine the mincemeat & walnuts, then pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Pour the peach filling over the mince mixture, then top with the 2nd pastry round.
- Seal & flute the pastry edges, & cut several vents in the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven & let it cool down some on a wire rack, before serving it warm.