Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got this recipe from one of my mom's cookbooks. I'm putting it here for safekeeping.
Make and share this Mincemeat Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheet with shortening. Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
- Combine 1/2 cup shortening, sugar and egg in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in mincemeat.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until blended. Stir in oats and nuts with spoon.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inces apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes, or until set and lightly browned around edges. DO NOT OVERBAKE! Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.