Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got this recipe from one of my mom's cookbooks. I'm putting it here for safekeeping.
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco (or 1/2 stick of Butter Flavor Crisco)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups prepared mincemeat
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick oats (not instant or old fashioned)
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheet with shortening. Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
- Combine 1/2 cup shortening, sugar and egg in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in mincemeat.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until blended. Stir in oats and nuts with spoon.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inces apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes, or until set and lightly browned around edges. DO NOT OVERBAKE! Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.