Recipe by waynejohn1234
Have no idea where I found this recipe. I love anything with mincemeat and these are no exception. Have a nice spicy taste and great hot for a breakfast treat - enjoy.
Top Review by Catherine Robson
Yummy muffins - thank you for sharing your recipe. They taste like Christmas & I like the fact that they are wholemeal. I didn't have a brand of mince meat with rum in it , so I substituted 1/4 cup of OJ for 1/4 cup rum.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar or 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mincemeat (I prefer to use a brand with rum)
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line with cupcake papers for easy removal.
- Measure all 7 dry ingredients and sift into a bowl.
- Beat egg until frothy.
- Mix in oil, mincemeat and milk (or juice).
- Add to dry mixture.
- Stir to moisten.
- Batter will be lumpy.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes.