Recipe by Olha
These little muffins are a nice addition to the bread basket on Thanksgiving Day and also a high point of any holiday breakfast or brunch.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 cup plain yogurt, stirred
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup prepared mincemeat (from a jar)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar (called also powdered or icing sugar)
- 1 tablespoon cream sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE MINI MUFFINS: Preheat the oven to 400°F Butter 36 miniature muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flours, nutmeg, baking powder, salt, sugar, and nuts.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, eggs, mincemeat, and butter. Add the mincemeat mixture to the dry ingredients and blend just until combined; don’t over mix.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from cups and cool on a wire rack. Serve warm with Sherry Butter. Makes 36 miniature muffins.
- FOR THE SHERRY BUTTER: In a small bowl, cream together all of the ingredients. With an electric mixer beat at high speed until light and fluffy. Turn into a serving bowl and serve without chilling.
- The Great Holiday Baking Book.Beatrice Ojakangas.