1/1 Photo of Mincemeat Icebox Cookies
Sydney Mike's Note:
The winter holidays aren't complete unless there are cookies like these on the table! Festive & tasty! Preparation time includes NEITHER the 2 hours needed to chill the dough before shaping into logs, NOR the time needed to freeze the logs until firm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2With electric mixer, in large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy, then gradually add both sugars, beating well.
- 3Add egg & almond extract, beating well.
- 4Add mincemeat & cherries, & blend well.
- 5In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder & salt.
- 6Add flour mixture to liquid mixture, beating well.
- 7Stir in pecans, then cover & chill dough 2 hours.
- 8When dough has cooled, shape into two 6" to 8" logs.
- 9Wrap logs in wax paper & freeze until firm.
- 10When frozen, slice dough into 1/4" slices, & place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 11Bake 12-14 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 12Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- 13NOTE: If you want an easy [as well as festive] pie or cheesecake crust, crumble these cookies & press them onto the bottom of a springform pan or pie plate!
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mincemeat Icebox Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 45
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.5
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.3 mg
- Sodium 62.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 1.3 g