- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup soft butter
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup mincemeat
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sour cream or 1⁄2 tablespoon buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, soda, salt, and spices.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and beat until light.
- Add dry ingredients, mincemeat, and cream- mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in 400 degree oven, 10-12 minutes.
- Remove to racks to cool.