Something different - and these are really good. My kids love them. My new favourite. This recipe is from the Daily Mail. It says Devon custard - I use the shops own brand It's fast, it's easy (when we go through so many) and it's delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 220°C.
- 2Stir the custard and almonds together.
- 3Unroll the pastry, cut out circles using a 7cm plain round cutter. Gather up the pastry trimmings, re-roll then cut out more circles. You should get out about 16 - 18. Use to line a couple of bun tins.
- 4Spoon a heaped teaspoon of the custard mix into each tart case, then top with a scant teaspoon of mincemeat. Scatter over some flaked almonds,
- 5Bake for about ten minutes until puffy and golden.
- 6Cool briefly in the tin, dust with icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mincemeat Custard Pies
Serving Size: 1 (1087 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.3
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 124.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g