Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Something different - and these are really good. My kids love them. My new favourite. This recipe is from the Daily Mail. It says Devon custard - I use the shops own brand It's fast, it's easy (when we go through so many) and it's delicious.
- 2 (150 g) containersdevon custard
- 6 tablespoons ground almonds
- 375 g ready rolled puff pastry
- 0.5 (410 g) jar mincemeat
- sliced almonds, for scattering
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 220°C.
- Stir the custard and almonds together.
- Unroll the pastry, cut out circles using a 7cm plain round cutter. Gather up the pastry trimmings, re-roll then cut out more circles. You should get out about 16 - 18. Use to line a couple of bun tins.
- Spoon a heaped teaspoon of the custard mix into each tart case, then top with a scant teaspoon of mincemeat. Scatter over some flaked almonds,
- Bake for about ten minutes until puffy and golden.
- Cool briefly in the tin, dust with icing sugar.