Recipe by Leslie in Texas
I've been making these delectable little morsels since Thanksgiving of 1976. If you like mincemeat, these are delicious. A little more time consuming than the traditional pie but well worth the effort!I like to use the condensed mincemeat in the box and add about 1-2 tablespoons of bourbon as part of the liquid- yum......Refrigeration time is not included in prep time.
Top Review by jannamay
If you are a mincemeat lover, then you will love these. They are awesome!! We are a family of eight, and only two of us like mincemeat, and so my daughter and I ate them all!! :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared mincemeat
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- About 1 hour before baking, combine flour, cream cheese, and butter and mix well.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Combine mincemeat and nuts and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Divide dough in half, refrigerate one half.
- On well floured surface, thinly roll out dough into a large rectangle; cut into 3 inch squares.
- Place level teaspoons of filling in center of square and fold dough over filling, bringing ends together and forming a triangle.
- With a fork dipped in flour, press edges together and prick a few holes in the top.
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle a little sugar on top.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Reroll trimmings for more pastries.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on wire racks.