Recipe by Sydney Mike
Mincemeat, cranberry & cream cheese, all in one square -- Sounds delicious, especially for those of us who might be fans of all three! This recipe comes from The Joy of Cranberries: The Tangy Red Treat cookbook that I received from my partner in the current Cookbook Swap!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 2 eggs
- 1 (27 ounce) jar mincemeat
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then grease 15"x10" jelly roll pan.
- In a mixer bowl, beat flour, oats, 3/4 cup brown sugar & butter until crumbly.
- Set aside 1 1/2 cups of this mixture, then press the remaining mixture onto bottom of prepared jelly roll pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned, then set aside.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy, then gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, then spread this cream cheese mixture over baked crust.
- Spread mincemeat evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Combine cornstarch with 1 tablespoon brown sugar, then combine that with cranberry sauce until combined ~ Spoon over mincemeat layer.
- Top the entire concoction with reserved crumb mixture, & bake 40 minutes or until golden.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Chill, then cut into squares. Store in refrigerator.