Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I've had a number of cranberry mincemeat pie recipes over the years, & this is one I've worked on over the past 25 years or so. In a a pinch, I've substituted 3 cups of canned whole-berry cranberry sauce for the first 4 ingredients.
- 1 pie crust, for 10-inch pie
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (28 ounce) jar mincemeat
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped
- Prepare or have available one baked, 10" deep dish pie crust.
- If using the bag of cranberries, combine them in a large saucepan, with the water & sugar & cornstarch.
- Bring to boil & cook until berries begin to pop & mixture begins to thicken.
- At this point, which ever is used--fresh cranberries or canned--mix the cranberries with the mincemeat, & pour into the baked pie shell.
- Cut the butter into the flour until the mixture is coarse, then mix in the sugar & nuts.
- Sprinkle this mixture over the pie, then bake 45-50 minutes, or until browned.
- Best served warm with ice cream.