Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I tried this recipe for the first time this year after finding it in DDJ. It was a big hit. The mincemeat keeps the cookies moist. The coffee icing is a wonderful combination with the mincemeat flavor!
- Heat oven to 375°F Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- For dough, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. Beat shortening and granulated sugar in a large mixer bowl on medium-high speed 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture just until combined. Stir in mincemenat until well mixed.
- Drop dough by measured tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake 10 - 12 minutes, until golden brown. Cool cookies on cookie sheets for 1 minute. Transer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for coffee frosting beat together confectioners sugar, coffee and melted butter in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until smooth.
- Frost each cookie with about a teaspoon of icing. Top each cookie with 1 pecan half.