Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are Sooooo good. And a nice change from the regulars.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups mincemeat (the one in a jar)
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- In lg. bowl,beat shorting and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, beat well.
- Stir together dry ingredients, gradually add to shortning misture.
- Mix well.
- Stir in mincemeat.
- Drop by rounded tableshoons, 2 inches apart onto lightly greased sheet.
- Bake 8 Minutes or until lightly browned.
I gave this cookie 3 stars because most of my family gave it 2, but my extremely picky son gave it a 5. It may be that we are just not used to the taste of mincemeat. I'd never had it before today. I also had trouble getting them done. I baked mine for more that 8 minutes each and left them on the pans until the next batch was out of the oven, and they're still very soft. I also got nearly 4 dozen cookies from this recipe.
These did not turn out well for me. I am cookie baking challenged. I used unsalted butter for the shortening. Baking them "8 minutes or until lightly browned", they were very under cooked. By the third sheet, I was up to 20 minutes of baking and they were medium brown and finally, cooked. Also, this recipe made nearly 4 dozen 3 1/2 inch cookies, not 2 dozen.