Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I simply love mincemeat...have not made these yet..but will when the weather cools..
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups mincemeat
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl.mix well.
- add oil and milk.stirring just until moistened.and crumbly --
- reserve 1 cup of mixture.for topping.
- press remaining mix into 13x9 pan -- which has been coated with spray.
- spread with mincemeant.near but not to edge.sprinkle reserved topping and bake at 400* for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- loosen edge of warm layer with knife.cool.
- then cut into bars.
- store loosely covered at room temperature -- .
"I love mincemeat, I love bars; I love rating this 5 stars!" And I do, too! I've still got mincemeat to last me through to the winter holidays, & this was A GREAT RECIPE in which to use some of it! Also very easy to make! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Bargain Basement cooking game]