Recipe by woodland hues
Try this using my Fresh Mincemeat (or any mincemeat you prefer). Found this in a magazine 7 or 8 years ago and enjoy making it for special events and gatherings of family and friends. You can make a Jam Tea Ring by substituting 1/3 cup jam for mincemeat, though I haven't tried that yet. I love my mincemeat too much.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 158.51 ml milk
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml mincemeat
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 4.92-9.85 ml lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt.
- Stir in milk and oil until dough leaves side of bowl and rounds up into a ball.
- Knead lightly 10 times.
- Roll into a rectangle(13" x 9")on a floured surface.
- Spread with mincemeat and roll up tightly beginning at the 13" side.
- Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal.
- With sealed edge down, shape into ring on greased or parchment lined cookie sheet. Pinch ends together.
- With scissors, make cuts 2/3 of the way through ring at 1" intervals.
- Turn each section on its side.
- Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
- In the meantime, beat together powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Drizzle coffee ring with lemon glaze while it is warm.