Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe comes from the 1952 cookbook(let) 21 "NONE SUCH" Mince Meat Recipes for Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall, which I, in turn, received as a wonderful gift from my partner in the current Cookbook Swap! Thought I'd share this recipe with all of you mincemeat fans!
- 3 cups biscuit mix
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 1⁄3 cups mincemeat
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then grease a 9" cake pan.
- Combine biscuit mix & sugar, then add milk, stirring to make a soft dough.
- On lightly floured board, roll out dough into 12"x10" rectangle.
- Combine marmalade & mincemeat, & spread mixture evenly over dough, to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Roll jelly-roll-fashion, then cut into 10 pieces.
- Place pieces in prepared cake pan, more or less with 9 in a ring & 1 in the center.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Combine powdered sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons milk & orange extract, & frost the warm cake with this mixture.
- Serve warm or cold.
The more this cooled, the more I liked it. I used Heart Smart Bisquick when I made this. I think I could have rolled this out thinner. As I rolled this the filling kept being pushed forward. So on my last roll, I tried to pick up the end and bring it to the top of my roll so the filling would stay in. That worked pretty well. I used what little orange extract I had left and then grabbed an orange instead of using milk. So my glaze had a nice strong orange flavor. Syd, thank you for posting. Made for *Zaar Tag 2008* game