Nova Scotia Cook's Note:
While searching for a particular recipe I came across this one for mincemeat cobbler that my Mom gave me about 20 or so years ago. I served it this past Christmas along with 2 other desserts and everyone commented on how good it tasted. So try it, and let me know what you think.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Mix together the mincemeat, apples, 2 tablespoons sugar, nutmeg& melted butter.
- 3Blend together and spread on the bottom of a baking dish.
- 4Sift the flour, baking powder, salt& 1 tablespoon sugar.
- 5Cut in the shortening.
- 6Add the milk and beaten egg.
- 7Mix and spread over the first mixture.
- 8Bake 30 minutes.
- 9Serve hot with cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mincemeat Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.3
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.7 mg
- Sodium 332.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 34.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g