Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe came from one of my friends who also loved mincemeat as much as I do!
Top Review by AmandaInOz
These were fantastic!! I used golden syrup in place of the molasses with great results. Like Peggy, mine baked in about 10 minutes, and I got about 4 dozen biscuits, but with DH around, I'm sure those won't last too long. Next time I think I might add some crystallized ginger too. Very tasty! Thanks Sydney Mike!
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4-12 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups mincemeat, with
- brandy, and
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, cream shortening & sugar.
- Add molasses, egg & vanilla, & beat well.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt & ginger.
- Add flour mixture to shortening mixture, & combine well.
- Add mincemeat & nuts, & combine well.
- Add oats, & combine well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes, then cool on wire rack.