Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I believe this recipe was found online, but I'm not sure -- When it comes to jazzed up brownie recipes, I seem to have tunnel vision!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup mincemeat
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, & grease an 8" square baking dish.
- In bowl, whisk flour with baking powder & salt.
- With electric mixer, in another bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, egg & vanilla until light & fluffy.
- Stir in mincemeat.
- Add flour mixture, stirring until well combined, then stir in nuts.
- Spread in prepared baking dish, & bake 25-30 minutes.
- Cool, but while still warm, cut into squares.
Had some green tomato mincement to use so made this today. Will make again, very tasty but mincemeat taste is not overpowering. I reduced the sugar to 3/4 cup and the sweetness was just right for me.
Spicy, chewy and wonderful is what you'll say when you take a bite of one of these brownies. I used Bakers Joy spray in my pan and was still able to spread this mixture nicely into the pan. Note to self, double this recipe next time. Thanks for posting the Sydney! Made for *Zaar Tag 2008* game