Recipe by Sydney Mike
I believe this recipe was found online, but I'm not sure -- When it comes to jazzed up brownie recipes, I seem to have tunnel vision!
Top Review by Ellen E
Had some green tomato mincement to use so made this today. Will make again, very tasty but mincemeat taste is not overpowering. I reduced the sugar to 3/4 cup and the sweetness was just right for me.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup mincemeat
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, & grease an 8" square baking dish.
- In bowl, whisk flour with baking powder & salt.
- With electric mixer, in another bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, egg & vanilla until light & fluffy.
- Stir in mincemeat.
- Add flour mixture, stirring until well combined, then stir in nuts.
- Spread in prepared baking dish, & bake 25-30 minutes.
- Cool, but while still warm, cut into squares.